Skip to main content

Count views of a page in django with python.





 Hello Guys I am sure that you are interested in Django.

Today we are going to add a view count to our page( Here I add the view counter for a post in my blogging app) You can add it to anything you want to follow me, guys...

First, open Your model.py

select the object here I choose the Post class and add an integer field to your class and set its default value to by typing these simple lines

    view_count = models.IntegerField(default=0)

and in the views.py navigate to the view function that shows the post in your app and add the lines below

    def view_post(request,post_id):

        post = Post.objects.get(pk=post_id)

        post.view_count += 1

        post.save()

after that, you have to send the context to our template by extending the view_function with these lines of python

    --snip--

    return render(request,'YOUR_TEMPLATE'S_PATH',{'view_count':view_count}

go to your template which shows the post and add a line to show the view count as you wish.

here I add as I wish :

    <p>TOTAL VIEWS : {{view_count}} </p>

it's all and views are being counted 

Don't forget to use

    MAKEMIGRATONS

    MIGRATE

commands before run the development server

Comments

Trending Now

Find the Resultant vector of two Vectors With PYTHON!!

NEW ARTICLE:  How to Find the resultant of multiple vectors with Python! Using Python We can do many complex calculations. I learned how to calculate Resultant Vector using a formula with its size and direction in my Physics class. Then, I simply developed a CLI software to calculate the resultant of given two vectors Hope you like it :>) Follow me... Step :1 You need to install python on your computer. No matter what the operating system is you can find the ideal version of python from the official website of Python org And you will need a code editor like VS code and can download it with a simple Google search. (Hope you hate the first step Haha ) Step 2: we use the math module to calculate our resultant vector. The method I used as follows math.radians() : converts degrees to radians math.degrees() : converts radians to degrees math.sqrt()  : find the square root of a number math.atan() :find the tan inverse Step 3: the formula I used to calculate the size of the resultant is as

How to send and receive discord messages with your bot in 2023.

Hello everyone. Welcome back to the Blog of Chamodh today I will show you how to send and receive discord messages with your bot. Before getting started, I remind you that this is the second episode of the series How to make Discord bot in 2023 and if you haven't read the previous one, please read that first as I explain how to create your bot application and add it to a server there. READ:  https://blogofchamodh.blogspot.com/2023/02/how-to-make-your-own-discord-bot-2023.html We don't gonna use virtual environments, IDEs, or any other utility because we can use Replit for our coding purposes.  Let's Get Started. STEP1: Set up Replit It is really simple. Just go to  https://replit.com/~ and sign up if you have never used its service before and create a new Repl. I don't hope to guide you in this as this is an intermediate tutorial. Make sure to select Python as you create the new Repl because we are going to use Python for our back end. STEP 2: Get your token. To run ou